The latest release from Simon Says Stamp, Love You, Too has me feeling inspired to rush to my craft room and make cards. I have 3 simple projects to share using the new XOXO background stamp.
Like this project? Pin it and save for later | Curious about my project photography? Click for details.
I love the font used for the XOXO background. It is fun & playful and works for many card styles, beyond Valentine’s Day and Love-themed cards. I had the background stamped in watermark ink for a tone on tone look and subtle background on 2 of the cards I’m sharing today. I also heat embossed it in white on colored cardstock for a more prominent background. I love both results. It would also look fabulous stamped in black on white for a striking and eye-catching background.
PAPER HUG CARD INSTRUCTIONS
Follow these instructions step by step to re-create this card:
- Stamp XOXO background using MISTI stamping tool onto Sea Glass cardstock in watermark ink. Trim panel to 4 1/4 x 5 1/2″, adhere to A2 white card base.
- Stamp floral cluster from the Best Friend Ever stamp set in Memento Tuxedo Black ink onto Neenah Solar White 80lb cardstock.
- Color florals from Copic markers: RV34, RV11, RV00, BG45, B000, G99, YG63. Add highlights using a Sakura white gelly roll pen. Cut the image out using the coordinating die. Cut the flowers apart using scissors.
- Stamp “This is a Paper Hug” sentiment, cut out using a circle die. Arrange flowers around the sentiment. Foam mount onto the card.
- Stamp and color little flies from the Light Me Up stamp set. Color with B000 marker. Cut out and foam mount onto the card.
- Embellish card with clear droplets.
The other two cards are very similar but use slightly different supplies, the idea for all 3 projects is the same – a fun XOXO background, an awesome sentiment, and some embellishments to top it all off.
I also used: Magnolia Cottage and coordinating dies (I can’t wait to use this stamp set as intended, to make a cottage), Introverts Unite stamp set and coordinating dies (this set has some really cool sentiments), and Stacking Animals stamp set (the cute mouse) and coordinating dies.
GIVEAWAY AND PROMO!
Use code HUGS4U2 to get Faraway Hugs 6×8 stamp set with a $100 purchase. Ends 1/18 at 11:59 pm EST.
Simon is giving away a $25 coupon to every stop on the hop from the blog comment section. Winners will be posted on the Simon Says Stamp blog on Wednesday, the 20th of January.
I’m listing the products I used below. Click on the link to go directly to the product. Where available I use compensated affiliate links which means if you make a purchase I receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you so much for your support!