This post is also available in Українською мовою
Hi everyone and welcome to a new mini series I’ll be doing in December called Holiday Cards with Spellbinders and First Edition. I plan to use Spellbinders dies and combine them with beautiful papers from First Edition to create elegant holiday card.
I love combining various Spellbinders dies with patterned papers from First Edition (First Edition is a UK brand from Trimcraft, they have gorgeous papers with various effects like foil, gloss, embossing etc). These products seem to be made for each other and always, always produce stunning results. Over then next few weeks I plan to share a few of the cards I’ve made using this product combo.
supplies can be found at the bottom of this post
1. Cut/emboss dies #7 from the A2 Matting Basics A and Matting Bascis B sets to create base panels for your card.
2. Glue the two together in the center, add ziz zag stitching around the perimeter. Cut/emboss die #4 from the Labels 40 Decorative Elements set to create a label.
3. Cut/emboss die #4 from the Labels 40 set out of gold mirror cardstock.
4. Cut/emboss die #3 from the Labels 40 Decorative Elements set out of patterned paper.
5. Cut/emboss two of each dies #1, #2, #3 from the Layered Poinsettia set out of gold mirror cardstock.
6. Glue the flower layers together to create poinsettia.
7. Heat emboss a sentiment using gold embossing powder on the smallest label.
8. Adhere labels to the base panels using foam adhesive. Add ribbon and pearls.
Your card is finished! Enjoy!